Come on everyone's doing it!

A new friendship had been brewing with my neighbor Max, before the race I would say to him " Man you need a bike, it's great, you exercise, get healthy, clear your mind, feel the wind there's nothing like it". He wasn't biting, He would say things like "I just sold my mountain bike, I've been there done that". I let it lay for awhile.

It's a day or so after the race, I see Max working in his yard and I yell across the street, "Dude, racing a road bike is the coolest thing I think I have ever done", 1 week later DNA had a new customer.

Jason and I took Max out for a few rides, we originally called him the rabbit, he would ride and his heart rate would be around 200-210 this is not a joke, the guy would never give up or give in, Jason and I had been riding for awhile and we were going to hammer this newbie, and we did, but he hung in there and kept coming back for more. We signed up for the next PBAA event which was the Tour De Phoenix in April 06. The elusive Platinum was ours for the taking. Jason and I figured we had it in the bag, Max would have some trouble because he had only been training for 3 months, theres not really anyway he could do it.

No comments: