El Tour De Tucson | 2006

I started developing my rain man habits for this race, I need to stay at the Double Tree Hotel, I eat Maccaroni Grill (Salmon and Pasta) for lunch, and some light pasta for dinner. This is my ritual...If you would like to join me thats great, try to deter me...not so great. I'm glad my friends and family understand me.

Race Day, Platinum Day...Jason and I got to the starting line at 4:30 am. We needed to line up right behind the platinum riders in the gold section. Check, start race go like hell, check. Jason develops cramps after second wash...not on the list.

I left Jason at the second wash (He told me to)! Ride like hell...check. Mile 85, pace is perfect for platinum....mile 90 BONK! That was not on the list...I limped into the finish. I saw my wife, I asked how far back is Jason, he was in the chute patting me on the back, 10 seconds seperated us. 10 freakin seconds. WOW.

Dan: 5:26:25
Jason: 5:26:35
WOW!

PLATINUM: Under 5:00:00

Oh well, there's the Tour De Phoenix(2007)...we definately can get platinum!

No comments: