Just a little scope!

So began the Training, Max quit the traveling job and became local again so we started training again, Jason's schedule and time to ride had changed so we did not get to ride to much together after the 2006 Tour De Tucson.

It was February and I thought it would be a good idea to try and recapture my youth and purchase a skateboard, Just like Jason's skiing idea this was not a good one. I flared up an old knee injury.

I went to my ortho and he said, "Let's go in with a scope see if I can clean up anything." I agreed, it's a scope, re-cover in 3 weeks back on the bike, get ready for the 2007 Tour De Phoenix. Once inside the knee, my ortho decided to complete a procedure called Microfracture. The surgery went well, although the doctor said I have an 85 year old knee. The worst he had ever seen. The recovery...not so good. I developed a blood clot in my knee/calf (Worst Pain Ever Felt..Could have killed myself it hurt so bad.) Checked into the hospital for 4 days, had to do blood thinners and shots in the stomach. Not fun! I could not walk for a month. Doc wanted me on blood thinners for 6 months, NO RIDING..it lasted 3. Max decided to get a hernia, and Jason continued dealing with life...We all missed the Tour De Phoenix (2007) NO PLATINUM.

No comments: